Tourism and Visitor Management in Protected Areas - Guidelines for Sustainability
- A publication in the IUCN Best Practice Protected Area Guidelines Series
- A contribution of the IUCN WCPA Tourism and Protected Areas Specialist (TAPAS) Group
- Project sponsors: IUCN World Commission on Protected Areas, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammerarbeit (GIZ) of the Federal German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), and the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development provided financial support. North Carolina State University Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management provided significant in-kind support.
- Leung, Y.-F., Spenceley, A., Hvenegaard, G., & Buckley, R. (eds.) (2018). Tourism and Visitor Management in Protected Areas: Guidelines for Sustainability. IUCN Best Practice Protected Area Guidelines Series No. 27. Gland, Switzerland: IUCN. DOI: 10.2305/IUCN.CH.2018.PAG.27.en ( Full-Text PDF: English | Español | Français )
- French and German versions currently in production.
- Chinese and Portuguese versions forthcoming.
- Editors and Contributors
Online Database of Sustainable Tourism Guidelines and Resources (Under Construction)
Search all contents of this website, including all online references cited in the 2018 Best Practice Guidelines Book and a global collection of guidelines, handbooks, manuals and other resources pertinent to sustainable tourism and visitor management in protected areas.
Search terms can include any combinations of:
- Topic keywords
- Authors or organizations
- Geographic scope
Search results with a 'PDF' prefix indicate an available PDF document. Acrobat or Acrobat Reader software program is required for viewing.
For a full list of all documents contained in the database, visit
NEW RESOURCE SUGGESTIONS
If you would like to suggest a relevant guideline, manual or resource for this online database, please complete the publication submission form.